What Happened at Day Care Today?
Want more insight into what’s happening during your child’s day? Ask these questions and you might be surprised at the answers! Keep the questions open-ended and be careful not to inadvertently provide answers. Often, children tell adults what they think they want to hear.
- Did anything worry you today?
- Who did you play with outdoors? How about indoors?
- I had _____ for lunch. What did you have?
- Which toy did you take with you at naptime?
- I wonder if you wore something from the dress-up box today. . .
- Tell me something funny that happened.
- Who was happy today? Who felt sad?
- What stories did you hear? Can you tell me one?